Wednesday, April 29, 2009

You've been warned, Comcast!

Welcome to the second installment of "You've been warned"! Today's episode, "Comcast"

My attempt to order the $10/12 months Limited Basic Cable promo was foiled this evening. When I got the to the customer rep. to confirm my setup appointment, the rep. told me the deal was for 6 months. When I corrected him, I was told that they can only process offers from the website. Right now, the only deal he could see was the Digital package for $29.99/mon. He asked where I had seen the offer. I told him it was a mailer, which I did not have in front of me (of course). While he "tried to get my help from customer service", he proceeded to offer me the Triple Play offer package, for a mere $114.99/mon. "Would you like to sign up for that?" Isn't that like walking into a car dealer and having the salesman say, "I know you are looking for a Focus, but would you like a Lamborghini instead?" DUH! If I could afford the $115 a month, WHY WOULD I BE ORDERING THE $10 PACKAGE!!!!

Excellent customer service Comcast.

1 comment:

ComcastCares1 said...

I agree. I apologize for the experience. I would like to look into this for you. I will also look into the limited basic promo. If you are interested in my help, please send me an email including the phone number associated with the account.

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com